Well, first off, I made some changes to the last two posts because I dropped a class. My favorite class, actually. I was sad to do it, but it made sense. Why? Well, after following advice from a good friend, Shannon, I tried to figure out why I'm here at CIU. Why am I here, you ask? I believe I'm here to know Christ more intimately and to find out what role He has for me in His great plan. When I looked at my schedule, I realized I would only have time to be a student if I kept all five classes. I would be pressed for time and unable to open up my life to hallmates or classmates. If I am to find out how God has gifted me, I have to do something! And, this can't happen if all I do is sit in my room to read and write. Then the next decision was to decide what class to drop. In looking at my five classes, only Systematic Theology didn't fit into my purpose for being here. This was confirmed by my adviser. So, I dropped it.
In other news, I'm finding some good community here! I am connecting with more girls on my floor and with fellow seminary students. Man, the cafeteria is the best place to grow in community! Food unites. Without a meal plan, I would hardly know anyone here. So, I'm thankful for growing in community. One thing that I have heard many times here is "Transformation happens when you're within 3 feet of another person." It's so true. Two of my classes have small groups and I also have a hall small group that I'm privileged to co-facilitate. Plus, this past weekend was a mandatory retreat with Grad Life and we continued our small group from the Spiritual Formations class.
To be honest, I feel like there's so much learning that I'm overwhelmed. It's good, and yet it's also hard. I have a desire to grow more and more, but only a small ability to do so in such a short amount of time. Please pray for me, that I will simply trust God to do His work
9.14.2009
Dropped Course & Transformation
Posted by
AmyD
at
4:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OK, WOW! Sorry, I've not been following along since you've been back from "my favorite meal ever" very frequently, but I like "hearing" your thoughts on your first few weeks! Miss you!!
Hey June! Good to have you here...but I don't understand what you're saying. You haven't been following since when?
Miss you too, sista! I hope to see you next month or the one after that =D
Post a Comment