This blog will act as a sort of personal missions journal. I have trouble journaling on paper because I get tired. I know, lame excuse, but it's true.
I feel the need to journal on missions for a number of reasons. I've explored missions and felt it was a calling. But lately I don't know if I'm really called. I think as I've grown since Urbana '03 I realized what a sacrifice it is to go to another country and how unprepared I am to go right now. Maybe in the future I'll be ready, but right now I've got a lot of growing in Christ to do.
Also, I'm taking the Perspectives course this spring semester. And since I decided to take it for credit I have to do all of the reading. That means, I'm learning A LOT and there will be much content that I want to digest. I can do that here on this blog.
Lastly, I want to be able to keep anyone who wants to be updated, updated on my possible future journey overseas. And I know I won't have time for tons of personal e-mails. So a blog is the way I'm solving that conundrum. Oh and I say "possible" because I haven't applied yet. I should be working on that right now as I have the day off, but I wanted to start this blog.
2.20.2008
See an update about how I feel about my calling for missions here.
1.22.2008
Why Am I Doing This...Again?
Posted by
AmyD
at
8:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment