Let's start with the good news first, shall we? I have been accepted to CIU and I plan to attend there in the fall! I'm really excited about attending, but I also have some reservations. However, the excitement FAR outweighs my reservations. I'm a bit nervous to be reading and writing so much since computation is my forte. I am excited to be learning again and to be within a community of believers so focused on M work. I can't wait to be learning under amazing professors in a small school - I hear they get to know the student body quite well. So, what's the goal of going to CIU? Direction for the future. Under that idea, it's nice to have a Bible education background for some possible goals of mine.
Okay, so I know this blog is a bit choppy, but it's late (for me) and I want to write one more thing. I have been teaching middle school math last week and today to ungrateful eighth graders. Last week I had about 18-20 students. Today, I received 20 more. So, I have two classes of 20 students who are not required to attend. Their grades in my class do not matter for anything. It has been tough to motivate them in any way. Some students will NOT stop talking. I have a number of methods to keep a class quiet and under control, but about 5 students in my 2nd hour refuse to stop talking. They have already tested my patience beyond what I have experienced so far. I tell you this for prayer. I am begging you to pray for me and for these students! Hard work is a distant idea in their lives and today I feel drained of motivation techniques. How can I stay motivated to teach them how to be motivated for 15 more days of class? 15 days seems like forever when in the first 2 days I felt ready to be done.
6.29.2009
Good News; Bad News
Posted by
AmyD
at
8:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment