Every once in a while, I think, "Do I have something relevant to blog on?" And the answer has been, "No," for over 2 months now. I've had nothing to blog on in regards to missions or what God may have for me in the future (the reasons I started this blog).
However, I found myself yesterday realizing I now have something to blog on. There are two future possibilities I have been thinking about that I would like to process in cyberspace.
The first is the possibility of going to CIU for a year-long certificate track in their seminary program. P Steve helped me see that CIU is a very realistic possibility even though it's not right smack dab in the middle of a city (namely, Chicago). It's on the outskirts of Columbia, SC. but the city is within reach. It would be cheaper and so I would be able to take out less loans. It doesn't say "Bible" in the name which is nice when applying to any secular organization that may not be so favorable towards Christianity. Recently I've found out from a friend who visited there that they are extremely missions focused (more so than Moody), and "their missions focus is specifically catered to 'M' ministry," she said. I have often felt a tug towards ministering to M's, and she said, "...if you have a heart for M's, CIU is definitely the place to be!" I have yet to finish my application, but once I find out the results, I'll let you know!
I feel that I have been on a quest to find God's will for my life. What is it? How will I know? How does He communicate it to His children? Why don't I know? And as I'm experiencing Him and learning more about "God's will," it seems to be working out. Why? Well, a certain book seems to sum it up. Two of my EL friends go to a church where the pastor has written three books.
One of them particularly pertains to me. It's called "Just Do Something: A Liberating Approach to Finding God's Will." Read the 2nd subtitle too, it's funny =D. But I feel as though that's the process that I've been going through. I haven't read the book, but the title speaks volumes. He can't guide us unless we are moving somewhere. I was taking a step towards finding a teaching job for the fall, and God directed me towards attending Bible school. I assumed Moody was the school, began to pursue it, and He guided me to CIU. I love it! I still don't know what God has for me this fall, but as long as I'm seeking Him and going somewhere He's going to guide this small, ignorant sheep of His.
Okay, enough blogging for now. The second possibility for my life that I planned on writing about will be written later. Maybe later today, maybe later this week, I'm not sure.
4.26.2009
He is Faithful in Guiding
Posted by
AmyD
at
2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hmmm, that's the 2nd time someone's mentioned that book in stuff I've read this week. maybe it's telling me to do something.
the plans as far as possibly heading to CIU sound pretty good -- what does CIU stand for? i could look it up, i suppose.
man, i'm going to have to be roadtripping all over the place when i get back with the way you guys are spreading out...
It stands for "Columbia International University." And yes, you will have to travel a LOT once you get back =D. Unless, of course, God tells me to stay put in Midland. Then we'd go together to see our east coast friend.
either way, i think that's gonna work out pretty nicely for me....
Post a Comment