"Pride comes before the fall."The saying is true. For the past few weeks I've found out which of my students play basketball, and I talk smack with them (never thinking I'll ever get a chance to play against them). I'll say things such as, "Oh, we should play sometime! I'd whip you for sure! Hahahaha." Apparently I don't say it sarcastically enough because they usually say, "No, so-and-so is really good - you'd never beat her." I then follow up with, "Yeah, I know. I played basketball - but I played for MHS," to which they laugh at me.
Today, I received news that my host teacher readily volunteered me to play on the staff verses students basketball game. This is an assembly (which are crazy enough without a basketball game) and I have to actually play basketball against Arthur Hill in front of all of my students? Oh boy. I spoke too soon talkin smack to all of them! Thankfully he'll be out there with me and I can feed him a back-door pass for a beautiful layup...if I'm lucky enough to keep the ball.
-------------------------------------------
For those of you I don't get to talk to much - things have been AMAZING. I absolutely love student teaching and I love my kids. Every Friday I want it to be Monday so I can be at school. Sorry to those of you who I hang out with on the weekends but I just love my kids so much! Every day I simply love being there and it surprises me to think that I ever thought about leaving.
Speaking of leaving. Today I told one class that I'm leaving in December and they were really sad. They said they were going to miss me and they wanted to throw me a party and yada yada yada. Then, 6th hour, I said I was going to be gone tomorrow (for an interview!) and there was a sigh of relief. They don't like me as much, but I'm okay with it.
But this interview. Please pray for me! It's a long-term sub job in Algebra and Geometry near Lansing. I just want to do whatever God has for me. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment