11.12.2008

Randomness on STing

Wow, I can't believe I am 12 weeks into my student teaching! Where did the weeks go? And how come I never posted? Just so you know, I feel as though I could have written a novel every night I have come home, besides the fact that I'm too exhausted to do so. With so many interactions with students throughout the day, there is so much for my little brain to analyze. I wish I would have done that for you here, to get out my thoughts, but the past is in the past.

For a quick update for those of you I don't see often. I got the long-term sub job!!! Michelle, maybe we can meet up sometime since I'll only be an hour away from you for 14 weeks. Also, the basketball game against my students is this Friday. This week I've been at tryouts/practices for girl's basketball helping them out. I feel insane spending so much time at the school, but it's another opportunity to spend time with my students and provide them with guidance and mathematical help :-). I'm helping out mainly with JV because of my skill level and a lack of time to do both.

In general, I have been very busy. The least exciting part of being a teacher, grading, takes up so much time. It feels unnecessary at times, but it's hard to get around. I've been putting off grading labs (which I'm doing right now) and I feel bad. Typically I get it done quick, but labs take a lot of reading. I can't imagine being a comp/lit teacher reading all of those papers! Phew, it sure is nice to be in math!

As for my interaction with students, some feel comfortable talking with me and generally like me as a teacher, but there are a good many who seem distant and/or they just don't like my teaching style (or me) at all. Those that don't like me are pretty vocal about it. Day in and day out my inexperience is thrown in my face and it's quite the struggle to come up with good lesson plans for three classes every single day! Quite exhausting. Oh, and I just realized I need to create a test for Friday! Gotta go.

To come: More updates, a compilation of quotes from the semester, and thoughts on being a "m" in T (don't know what I mean, e-mail me)

No comments: