5.14.2008

Jehovah Jireh - Gotta Love Him

I'd like to report on my project support that's come in. In a period of 8 days I went from 20% supported to 78%! How amazing is that?! On May 3 alone, I went from 20% to 40%. God sure is faithful and He wanted me to know that. I had initially entrusted all of my funds to Him and prayed over letters as I sent them. For a while, nothing came in. Once it did, it was slow moving...1% here, 2% there. I was getting a little worried and in response to my anxiety I would commit it to prayer. People would ask how I'm doing with support and I'd tell them I'm at 10% or 16%. Then they'd ask when I'm leaving and their responses tended to increase my anxiety.

I know that if God has called me somewhere, He will provide what I need. And I was trusting that He was calling me because I had been surrounding the application process in prayer and asking for others to pray for me as well. I trusted that I was moving where He wanted me to, but it was hard to actually believe that within 3 weeks I could go from 20% to 100%. Now it is clear that it can actually happen! 58% in about a week ain't bad. So obviously I still need about 22%...well...a little less because I received some cash in the mail from an anonymous supporter last night (with some encouraging words and Scripture too!). Praise God with me!

Prayer Request:
Yesterday I heard word that 2 of my teammates are considering not going because they don't have 50% yet. Pray for them to trust God and that God will provide.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

First off, that's really cool about all that support coming in! :)

Secondly, it's very encouraging to me as I sit here with less than half of a percent of my support raised. I like your commitment to prayer instead of worry.

And thirdly, I will continue praying for you and now I'll pray for your teammates. If they want another supporter, I never mind giving. (In fact, if you continue to need that last 22%, I'd love to give more to you as well).

Thanks for the good news and the encouragement!