I don't know how to put it, really, but I'm hesitating to go this summer. It's natural for the reality of a cross-cultural trip to hit you like that, right? I've been in the rush of the last month of school going here, doing this, finishing projects, working, hanging out, stressed and loving the experience at the same time. And then I stop for a sec and think, "I'm not cut out for this. How can one month make me feel off track?" And yet it has. Then I begin to think that it's not that God hasn't called me to go, and it's quite probable I should go, but boy how quickly my mind is distracted. Spiritual warfare is great, and it's good to realize that now as opposed to later. It's not that I should refrain from going, but I should immediately begin to have the mindset of God - a passion for what He's doing in this world.
That's where I am now. I'm pausing long enough to open my eyes, wake up and see what God's doing. And not only see it, but listening for His voice so that I can take part in it in the way He wants me to. I would appreciate your prayers.
4.29.2008
Semi-Cold Feet
Posted by
AmyD
at
4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment