5.27.2008

Briefing

My team is pretty cool, and I’ve enjoyed getting to know them so far. One is a Texan, one is a Messianic Jew, some are from Northern Illinois and the rest of us are from Michigan. And while it was a small team to start, it’s actually smaller than that now. The two directors and their children are going to be moving this summer because the father is taking a job as the Cru National Director. This is a cool opportunity for them and so they’ve decided not to go, even as hard as that is for them since they love this country. However, around mid-trip, we will be receiving a group of about 10 (1 men’s small group and one women’s small group) from Texas who will be joining us. One of the directors (the father) and his oldest daughter will be coming with them and so we will get to see them a little. I was really looking forward to getting to know their family better and so I will just have to wait.

Yesterday we learned quite a bit from various people. There are two elderly couples that I’ve learned from who have either been there or to a similar culture. I love talking to those who can say, “I’ve done this for 24 years and this for 20 years…” They have so much life experience and both couples were great to listen to. Their stories are so rich and so full of God! I think I could listen to them all day long.

Today we do some more briefing and getting to know each other. Then we fly out around 4pm. I’ve started to realize what flying 8.5 hours is like. I’ve done it before and it is just boring. I can't watch movies, read or play games and I can’t sleep that long. I like to do laps around the plane, but that’s the greatest excitement I get unless people are awake to talk to. So, in those times of extreme boredom, pray that I will focus on God, pray and have positive thoughts. Thanks!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Good to hear things are going well so far. I'm not looking forward to my 15 hour flight to Australia... lol. So if you get bored think that at least you won't be on the plane as long as I'll have to be. hahaa. I'll be praying that you have a safe flight today! :-) Love ya sista!

Rochelle said...

I'm excited for you! Loves you, Jigga!

Why Tokyo? said...

What an adventure! I can NOT WAIT to see how God answers all those prayers for you and your team this summer! He can do IMMEASURABLY more than we can ask or imagine! (Eph. 3:16-21).

Love you!

Anonymous said...

hey pumpkin:) hope things are going great over there!! hopefully the flight was great, and you didn't feel the slightest bit of ickyness...thinking about you a lot, praying for you too:)
you are missed!!!!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

just thinking about you and hoping you feel better soon. I know it must be frustrating to have a cold while getting acclamaited to a new environment..

Loves you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey baby,

Sure hope you are feeling better and getting over your cold.

Loves you and thinking about you,
Momma