I realized that I often fail to pray because I don't truly believe that it will change an ounce of what God will do. I don't believe the phrase "When we pray God works." Ask me if I do and I'll say, "Of course!" But look at my actions and my thoughts and they will show otherwise.
I've realized how much faith stems from prayer. To be honest, I'm not big into faith if I don't trust my prayers will ever have much effect. Isn't that what faith is?! So, in the big picture, I'm realizing how much I lack in faith. Now, recognizing it is the first step and it's a big one. It's hard to recognize these problems in faith when all is going well: I'm in a church, a nice campus ministry, Bible study, discipleship, Perspectives course, and I enjoy lots of sweet fellowship. My mind is engaged with God throughout the day, and yet I have trouble trusting Him in many matters of prayer.
I realized this problem around mid-January and I was going to post then. But I didn't and so I'm posting now in hindsight. Since then, I've moved from the initial realization into seeing how it affects my every day life. And from there a faith mindset can move in and kick out my disbelieving current mindset. Hopefully more on this in the future.
2.27.2008
Prayer & Faith
Posted by
AmyD
at
8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment