I have an update letter with my reflections and what I learned this summer, but I'm only handing them out in person. Let me know if you want one :-)
8.04.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
of myself, that is. I am a small, humbled servant of the King and seeking my role in His Great Plan.
I have an update letter with my reflections and what I learned this summer, but I'm only handing them out in person. Let me know if you want one :-)
Posted by
AmyD
at
5:43 PM
"Your will above all else, my purpose remains,
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise." -Hillsong United "From the Inside Out"
"...and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him who for their sake died and was raised." -2 Corinthians 5:15
"Anxiety, sickness, suffering, or danger now and then with a foregoing of the common conveniences and charities of this life, may make us pause and cause the spirit to waver and the soul to sink; but let this only be for a moment. All these are nothing when compared with the glory which shall be revealed in and for us. I never made a sacrifice." -David Livingstone, Dec 4, 1857, Cambridge University
"...when [God] spoke to us in Christ he assumed human flesh. In order to reveal himself, he both emptied and humbled himself. That is the model of evangelism which the Bible supplies. There is self-emptying and self-humbling..." -John Stott The Bible in World Evangelization from Perspectives
"If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself." -Galatians 6:3
"The gaining of Christ is both an inward reckoning of loss and an outward suffering of it." -Jim Elliot, Nov 10, 1949
"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ" -Paul, Phil 3:7-8
4 comments:
I want one! :)
Me, me, me...
...but I can´t get it in person :-(
Sure...I'll meet you downtown Madison to pick it up.
I'll trade you mine for yours. :-)
Post a Comment