12.17.2008

A Short Compliation of Quotes from "Da Hill"

D: "I can't take off my hoodie! My house caught on fire and my shirt underneath as a huge hole in the back ... I swear."
Later...."What? You're just yelling at me cuz I'm light skinned."


C: "I'm gonna ax Mr. So-and-so for some help."
A: "Why you be actin like Miss D ain't a good teacher?"

A: "Yo, Miss D, that triangle you made is hype!"

S: "Miss D, are you a virgin?"

"Can I get extra credit for doing this worksheet?"
"No."

"How about this one?"
"No."

"Can I get extra credit for coming in at lunch?"
"No."

"Can I get extra credit for coming in after school?"
"No."

"Can I get extra credit for coming in for tutoring?"
"No."

"Can I get extra credit for doing community volunteer work?"
"No, you just get a good feeling inside." :-D

"I have an announcement to make!"
D: "You're pregnant?"
"NO!"

I wrote "W.T.S." on the projector.
A: "You be teachin us to swear, Miss D? Like, 'What the beep'?"
"No! It's 'Want to show'"
A: "Yeah, okay. I be tellin my mom you teachin us to swear in class!"

P: "Miss D, who makes more money - street pharmacists or strippers?"

P: "Miss D, you can't fight?"
"No"
J: "So, what would you do if someone hit you?"
"I'd pray. God's a lot more powerful than my scrawny muscles, dontcha think?"
K: "What would you do if we beat you up?" *smile

P: "Miss D, do you want to know how to get cell phones through metal detectors?"
"Sure."
P: "Well, you have to wrap it in three layers of thick leather. It works for cell phones, ipods, knives - anything!"
"So, that's what you do when you bring knives into school?"
P: "Not anymore." *smile

So, K, are you going to be this annoying sitting in the front row every day? *K shook his head yes. Here's an indication he was telling the truth:
K, give me my sunglasses back!
K, where's my transparency?
K, give me my marker back.
K, give me my teacher's edition back. Now.

C: "I'm actually kinda sad you're leavin."
"Why's that?"
C: "Because now class isn't going to be fun. We won't get to goof off at all! And, we're just going to get busy work now."

J singing a song: "I'm a lit-tle girl in a big, big world. My name is Miss Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
(Note: she also wrote this on the top of the board and made me jump to erase it.)


Holla Back At Me (Alternative Names)
  • Miss Day-Line!
  • Put de line in the coconut! *singing
  • Baby Dee!
  • Sister D!
  • Miss DeLingo, I mean, Miss DeLino...wait, what is it?
  • Okay, Miss DeSquare
  • Mz DeLizzle
  • Mz DeLittle
Unfortunately not all of the best quotes are represented as it's hard to keep track in a school like da Hill, but it's a light taste of my life this fall. I hope you enjoyed it :-)

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Lol, those gave me a good laugh this morning. :)

I especially love all the alternative names (and picturing you jumping to erase something off the top of the board)

AmyD said...

Yeah, the jumping was kind of funny. I had a suit on and I had to stick my hand in the chalk ledge to get an extra boost (which, of course, had chalk dust in it).